Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nick's Nasty Brat Build





Here's a rundown of a project I've been working on for a friend I met over at BobberTalk. He contacted me with wanting his stock Yamaha XS turned into a brat style bike. I told him I'd be happy to do the work. It started out as just some frame modifications but quickly turned in to a gas tank and exhaust pipe job. We tried to do some original stuff with this build and I think it's turning out nicely. It's getting ready to ship back to him so he can do the final touches.
The gas tank is aluminum and was hand formed with Nick's ideas in mind. The exhaust pipes are stainless steel and will be polished or brushed, the tips are brass and were turned on a lathe. Nick's been great to work with and I hope to do more projects with him in the future. I believe he has a blog also...called Suicide Wheels. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment